Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5


Breakfast(1010am): Forgot to defrost stuff last night.  Overmicrowaved bagel and eggwhite sounded like a recipe for disaster.  Instead, I ate a Bagel Thin (100 cal) with 1.5 TBS cream cheese (75 cal) and a raspberry yogurt (170cal).  (7 points)

Lunch (200pm):  I was aiming for 1pm and was pretty hungry, but I didn't cave in at IKEA... those cinnamon rolls smell soooo good!  I've been carrying around an entire frozen meal and a 20oz bottle of water to avoid such an incident, my purse weighs like 50 pounds. :D  Arroz Con Pollo from Day 2 for lunch today -- way to follow the menu right?  It was decent.  Chicken was good, flavors were good, cilantro was definitely present -- could have been mostly scraped off if you hate cilantro -- corn was good, and the rice was good.  Somehow it didn't really come together though.  Maybe because the whole thing was pretty watery.  I may not have cooked it long enough, but I was afraid of overcooking the chicken.  Next time, I'd cook partway and then take the chicken out to finish the cooking.  I forgot to take a pic right out of the micro -- below is after I cut the chicken up and tried to mix the excess liquid in.  I also added a small cut up fresh tomato and some green onion because they were in the fridge.  I had a can of Diet Coke with lunch.
Snack (530pm):  Other half of Wendy's salad leftover from yesterday. 250cal/12g fat/3g fiber/688mg salt (5points)
Dinner(800pm):  Took the broccoli out because pasta was still pretty frozen.  Microwaved pasta for 2 minutes.  Put broccoli back. Microwaved for one more minute.  Plated and ate.  Pretty darn good.  Would hav eliked more brocoli.  Put about a TBS of shredded cheese on top (27.5/2.25gfat/0.5point).  The sauce is good, just a little bit spicy.  The penne has a weird texture on the surface, but that could be typical of wheat penne.  I don't regularly have it.  The texture wasn't bad, just unexpected.  All in all, a good dinner and a lot of food.

(845pm - 915pm) Walked the dogs, just under 1.5 miles.  Not a real athletic walk, but a walk none the less!
Daily: 1375cal/34gfat

No comments:

Post a Comment