Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 3

Breakfast (915am):  Sorta nervous this morning, didn't feel like eating a huge breakfast, so I had a peach yogurt. (160/1.5gfat/0gfiber/85mg sodium 4%)  Saved the planned one -- it looks pretty good.

Lunch (12pm):  The beef wrap ended up being sort of like a burrito.  Seasoned ground beef with some cheese and a little bit of rice.  Didn't taste any cilantro or pepper.  Maybe it was a replacement?  It was good though - I enjoyed the beef, cheese and tortilla.  The creamed fresh spinach was... odd.  I really like steamed spinach, for reals, I do.  This was more like a puffed up spinach puree.  It was odd.  However, the burrito came out a little dry and the spinach was a bit wet... so I dumped them together and it was perfect.  Really, I know it looks weird, but I liked it a lot.  I also added some chopped fresh tomato and a little green onion.
Snack (345pm): WW Choc Pretzel Mini Bar
Dinner(730pm):  I was ready to eat dinner at 530, but forced myself to wait until 7pm.  I'm trying to eat something every three hours.  Normally, I would have found something to eat and then eaten some more at 7 or 8 or even 9.  Part of what made it easier to wait was knowing that there was a full-on meal waiting for me -- portions are pretty big. That, and the idea that if I ate at 530, there was no way I could make it to bedtime with out more food.   That hunger probably helped flavor this meal.  It's not going to be a favorite, but it's okay.  I didn't think I was going to like the pouch meals (versus the trays), but it was nice to be able to seperate for cooking time -- I let the chicken go longer.  And while I didn't want to get a plate dirty, it did help me realize that there was a lot more food in the pouch than I thought.  The chicken was good, not too dry (though I tend to like it on the dryer side.)  The veggies were standard frozen fare, but with yellow carrots!  The rice was pretty atrocious -- really dry and chewy.  Pretty bland night, but definitely passable with the addition of some BBQ sauce.
Daily Total: 900cal/22.5gfat  Too low!  But I wasn't too hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment