Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 28

Exercise (730AM):  Walking 0.6mi to drop off dogs and then riding bike home.  I feel like I'm overstating it to head this section as "exercise", but I guess I have to start somewhere.  I hate to exercise.  I was in 8th grade before I realized that people actually went to the gym simply to exercise.  I never realized that there were people who exercised because you were supposed to; I thought skinny people all really liked playing some sport!  The only form of exercise I knew of was related to competitive sports - and I was bad at them, so I never did it.  I remember being really shocked when I found out there were people who would go outside and walk - just to walk, with no need to go somewhere.  Anyways, I'm off! ..........
I'm back! The whole process took about 25minutes, including a little talk time.  I estimated that I burn about 135cal in the 15minutes it takes to walk there and the biking for 5-7 minutes (no idea, guess) burns about 50cal.  Which is odd, cause the biking was waaaay harder.  However, it was easier with properly inflated tires - I feel a bit better about that.

Breakfast (820AM): Buckwheat Pancakes with Berries (320cal)  Had this on Day10.  I still like it.  I like these blueberries better than the last breakfast that had blueberries - the stuffed french toast.  Here they taste more like a sauce.  Not sure why.  The pancakes are delish and the ham is good too.  Oh, and I ate 50 cal of a trail mix before I left on my bike ride.  BTW, 50 cal of nuts and fruit is like 2 almonds, a walnut, 3 dried cherries and 4 dried cranberries.  :0 A ridiculously small handful!

Snack (1130AM):  Sundays will be a bit dufficult now that summer is over.  I won't be free to have a proper lunch until about 130PM.  Planning to take a snack. 
Ate 100cal of Popchips.  Successfully avoided the cookie/pastry table at church.  Even said "no" when offered one.  Actually, that's never been a problem - I always eat better around people.  It's when I'm alone that things take a wrong turn.

Lunch (145PM):  Steakhouse Wrap (305cal) - which is really more like a burrito.  Ground beef, rice onions, cheese in a totilla "skin".  Had this on Day 3 too.  Still like it.  Still think the creamed spinach is odd (though better than I remember - maybe I'm just getting used to it?  Or maybe it is better when compared to the foul broccoli souffle).  Added a small chopped tomato and some green onion. (10cal)  Also had a Diet Coke today, 12oz.  See Day#3 for official nutrition info.

Before
After

Dinner (600PM):  Allow me to introduce one of my top three favorite meals so far...  Chicken with Spinach/Feta Stuffing with Wheat Penne and Eggplant (410cal) See Day#4 for full nutrition.  I still love this meal.  Maybe it's the tomato sauce, maybe it's the eggplant, I don't care why... I just love it.  It seems to fall into the looks-ugly-but-tastes-fantastic category.  Very satisfied.  Picked this instead of the planned meal because the planned meal was only 300cal and I wanted to save it for a day when the -100cal would be critical.  I'm a happy camper. 
Snack(900PM): Took a half an apple and a rice cake. Wasn't very hungery at all until I got home.  The Braeburn apples aren't as good as the Pink lady.  Took a bite of hamburger meat Mom made, thought about eating the rest.  Looked it up online and decided to eat the rice cake (70cal) with a tsp of peanut butter (60cal).

Daily Total: 1325cal

No comments:

Post a Comment