Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 29

Breakfast (645AM):  Protein Bagel with egg and sausage (157cal)  I emailed Bistro and asked for the calorie counts for the few items that come without nutirtion info.  They very promptly provided it -- I' will try to post to this site.  I added 60 cal cheese.

Snack (1200PM):  Pretty hungry by now today.  Sesame rice cake (70cal) with 1tsp peanut butter, plus a bit, (75cal)  Good!
Lunch (215PM): Curry Chicken with cous cous. (380cal) I remembered this being dry and bland, so i brought a half apple (leftover from last night),chopped up (40cal), a few extra dried cranberries(30cal), a few frozen red pepper strips (so few - basically free), and some chopped green onion (ditto). Liked it much better this time. Also dumped much of the shredded carrot - it's just too dense and crispy!
Dinner (615PM): Turkey Meatloaf with cauliflower puree and broccoli. (430cal) Still like this. And it's still better than the cheeseburger meatloaf. The cauliflower is actually a pretty good recreation of mashed potatoes. Not as good as the real thing, but WAY better than the time I tried to mash cauliflower myself. Remembered to wash the broccoli off after I cooked it. That "seasoning" is ridiculous!  I will say this is absolutely one of the ugliest looking meals...
Snack(730PM):  Out with friends.  Planned ahead to get a mocha.  Wanted to up the 1225 calories, felt a little bad about the empty sugar calories, but oh well...  It was either this or part of a dessert.  At least this had some milk.  Got low-fat milk and a tiny bit of whipped cream.  (estimate 270cal) and a piece of bread (50cal), no butter.  I guess I have to add the $3 into the count, even though I didn't pay for it...  Also, I had a little surprise when the waitress asked me if I wanted the small or large and I didn't even think twice - small.  Later she asked if I wanted another and in my head, I was sort of horrified.... "there are people that drink multiple mochas???  Don't they know they could eat an entire meal for that many calories???" Such a change in my mind set, being conscious of what I'm eating and whether it's worth spending a portion of my calorie budget.  (If only I could be so disciplined with my actual budget :D).

Daily Total: 1562 cal

No comments:

Post a Comment