Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4


Breakfast(11am): Spinach omlette with sweet potato. Liked the spinach and sweet potato. The eggs were so-so and the hollandaise sauce was no good. It didn't sauce down. It stayed like fluffy orange stuff with little flavor. I sprinkled the egg mix with a little less that a TBS of shredded cheese, then mixed it all together. Edible.

Snack (1:45pm): Choc Pretzel Blast Bar WW (70cal) Have a headache today. Ate breakfast late because of fasting for bloodwork. Also started meds today. And no caffeine today, yet.  [Headache went away after lunch, food and diet coke helped!]

Lunch (300pm): In a hurry for a 3pm online meeting at home -- didn't want to hassle with BMD meal. Also the shrimp isn't appealing to me. I should turn off the shellfish, but I wanted to try it first. Anyways, stopped at Wendy's for a Chicken Apple Pecan Salad.  [I'm not counting this as a "fast food" trip (see goals) because no french fries were consumed!  I did count the $ into restaurant $ goal.] Ate half now with half the pecans and 1/3 of one packet of dressing. I really don't see how someone could use two whole packets -- all you'd taste is the dressing! Stats as eaten: 250cal/12g fat/3g fiber/688mg salt (5points)  I realized by the end of the day, that I had room to eat the whole thing, but I was pretty satisfied after half.  I'm trying to focus hunger levels and I was saving the other half for later.

Dinner(715pm): omg.  I could eat this dinner every day -- well, maybe every week.  It was sooo good.  The chicken was good, penne wasn't overdone, the spinach and feta added a lot of flavor, and the eggplant was a great mix-in.  Totally satisfied.  I did pull the eggplant out of the microwave halfway through the cooking time.  This was the first meal where I realized that I would have finished the leftovers if they had been in the kitchen... I wanted more, even though I was pretty full.  That's one of the benefits of BMD -- there wasn't any more!


The eating every three hours thing seems to be working pretty well. I force myself to tough it out if I'm hungry and it's never very hard because it's only like an hour or so.  Only concern now is that I don't seem to be getting enough calories, only 1000/day the last two days -- partly because I'm not snacking big.  Also, I've been a little thrown off by other activities the last two days in the mornings.  I don't feel overly hungry because of it, but I know it's important to keep the calorie count reasonable.  I'll have to pay more attention to snacks.  Box#2 arrives tomorrow!

Snack (1000pm): 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese (70cal/0g fat/.5g fiber/300mg sod) and 1 large pluot (80cal/0g fat/3g fiber/0mg sod). (2points)

Daily Total: 1120cal/29gfat

No comments:

Post a Comment