Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 27

Breakfast(800AM): High Protein bagel (140cal) with Justin's Maple Almond Butter (90cal)  Perfectly toasted! And i actually cut the pkg of almond butter open to scrape it all out. :)

Snack/Lunch(1230/130PM):  Tried very hard to get friend to plan for lunch - nixed the hotdog idea (a plain Costco hotdog is 555cal), but left open to many other things.  Brought a 70 cal WW bar (Choc.Mint - Yum!) to eat (around 1230M).  Then found myself in CostCo with a friend who was suddenly starving and had to have a hotdog.  Dang.  Pretty frustrating.  I made do with selected samples.  Will now attempt the feat of estimating their calories.  Pop Chips - 50cal, Chips with salsa - 25cal, potato salad - 25cal, turkey burger - 15cal, Ciao Bella blood orange sorbet - 8 calories, virgin strawberry margarita - 25cal, tri tip - 20cal, chinese chicken salad - 40cal, ham and cheese sandwich - 60cal,  raspberry tea - 60cal, bite of a hotdog - 35cal, (363cal total) 
Of these, I loved the PopChips and bought a bag which I partitioned into servings that were a bit smaller than suggested (17servings per bag, instead of 15), to get a 100cal snack - 105cal, 3.5gfat, 220mgsod, 17.6g carb.  I also really liked the Ciao Bella Sorbet bars - only 60cal for the whole bar.  The turkey burger was served with a bit of Worcestershire, which i really liked as a condiment - would be good to have in the house.
Dinner (630PM):  Salmon with spinach, wild rice, almonds, and cranberries (435cal).  I think this is pretty decent.  Not a huge fan of fish, but salmon is okay.  Put a bunch of lemon juice on it.  Added 1/3 cup of peas (35cal).  Didn't seem filling as I was eating it, but by the time I got done I was pretty full.  One of the few meals I've eaten in front of the TV - which used to be a common occurance - but now I'm all caught up on MadMen. :D
Snack(1100PM):  Feeling a bit hungry and I don't want the calorie count to be too low for today - at 1133 right now.  Plus the cupcake is calling to me.  Going to eat 1/4 of the cupcake (105cal) and also 100 cal of something healthier.  Will report back.  Maybe I'll make a little 200 cal burrito...  Reporting back - I did eat a mini-burrito, simply because it sounded healthier than eating sugar calories right before bed.  I had half a large tortilla (100cal), 5/12 of an avocado (55cal), 1/8 cup pinto beans (25cal), bit of cheese (25cal), and some salsa.  (205cal total) 
On a side note, as I was moving things around the fridge, the cupcake box fell out - in my head it was like one of those slow-motion scenes, with the hero shouting n-o-o-o-o-o-o! and trying to catch something valuable.  Turns out the cupcake made it through the fall undamaged, but I realized I'm probably a little too into the cupcake.  :D  I'll probably end up saving it until it goes bad...

Daily Total: 1338cal

Rode bike 0.7 mi to pick up dogs, then walked 0.6 mi home.  Tomorrow morning, I'll do the opposite.  It's not much exercise, but it's a start.  The walking was fine, but the bike-riding was embarassingly difficult.  I hope part of that was due to under-inflated tires.  I'll find out if that's true tomorrow when I ride home.





No comments:

Post a Comment