Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chips?


from product website

Under my new eating habits, I find myself picking up new products that I never would have tried before.  Some are successful, others are not.  Here's what I brought home from the grocery store today...



1) Baked Lentil Chips -- I know you're asking "Why on earth would you buy those?"  Let me tell you -- they promised to be gluten-free, a good source of fiber, 70% less fat than potato chips, and "the first snack to deliver the great taste and healthy benefits of lentils, adzuki, and garbanzo beans."  I love lentils and garbanzo beans.  I do not love these chips.  The texture is great, but they don't taste like anything.  I was going to compare them to cardboard, but i think cardboard has a more distinctive flavor than these chips.  I even got the dill flavor and I can't taste any dill at all.  Serious disappointment.


2)  Pop Chips - I got a bag of BBQ PopChips awhile back and they were pretty good.  Unfortunately, I didn't eat them quick enough (it was a giant bag from CostCo) and they got stale -- not so "pop" like.  They were on sale at the store today, so I got the Cheddar flavor and the SOurCreamandOnion flavor.  First off, they are both much thinner and flatter than the bag from CostCO.  As to the flavor, the cheddar flavor is odd - sorta chemically.  The Sourcream/Onion flavor is decent, but not as good as the BBQ.  I would buy the BBQ again, I don't think I'd buy these flavors again.







No comments:

Post a Comment