Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 55

Plan: Own bfast(350?), Veggie Chili(290), Morrocan Chicken(390), snacks/extra(370) = 1400

Breakfast(845AM): Apple/Ham/Cheese Muffin - Toasted English Muffin(110cal), 1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese(55cal), 2oz. deli ham (70cal) and a slice of apple.  Total: (235cal)  I reeeeally like this!
A bit of a surprise on the cheese - an ounce of cheese is a lot bigger than I thought it was.  I cut a new 8oz block into 8 pieces... and each piece is pretty big!   Also, I actually called the grocery store to find out how many slices of ham are in a pound since I didn't count it before I started eating it.  I'll try to remember to count next time to be sure the calorie count is accurate.


Snack? (1200PM): A few dried apple slices (25cal) One small slice of pizza (150cal)

Lunch(230PM): Veggie Chili and corn "pudding"(290) with avocado(60cal), a few flaxseed corn chips (50cal) and 1/3 cup of frozen corn(35cal).  I like the beans and veggies here.  THe pudding is weird, but mixes into the chili nicely.  Yum! 

Pretty hungry by lunch, but managed a pretty successful grocery trip just prior.  Read a lot of labels for things I wanted to buy, but didn't.  Looked at calories and carbs.  Bought fruits and veggies (banana, lettuce, green onion, apple) plus some basics to use to doctor meals: red pepper flakes, teriyaki sauce, salt-less seasoning, Worcestershire, cranberry sauce, green olives, etc.  Bought english muffins to freeze, some Pirate Booty, and a couple of Kashi frozen meals that were highly recommended, just to try them.  Also bought vanilla bean and pectin in an attempt to make use of the pears I bought.  Turns out I don't like fresh pears so much.  Will try to make a vanilla pear freezer jam this afternoon.  Wish me luck!

Dinner(800PM): Moroccan Chicken (390) + veggies (30cal) and 8almonds (50cal)  This is a great meal.  I like the lentils and the green beans.  There are a few raisins for sweetness and I added a bit of red pepper flake.  I'm learning, finally, that the goopy little sauces mix up well with the moisture in the tray if you actively mix them.  Then it becomes a great little sauce.  Added about a cup of veggies and it turned out to be a HUGE plateful of food.  Yum!
Dessert(1030PM - late!): A caramel swirl Lil'Drum. (115cal)

Daily Total: 1430cal
Surprisely, not very snack-y today, even though I wasn't super busy.  Didn't eat or want much of anything between meals.  I did eat the half slice of pizza - mainly because it was available and I was feeling a little deprived of junky stuff...  I figure this way is better than actually cracking and buying an entire pizza for myself!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment