Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 42

Breakfast (730AM): Spinach Ricotta Crepe (310cal), the crepes were really spinachy and not very ricotta-y, so I added 60 cal of avocado (instead of cheese)

Snack (1000AM) Popchips (100cal)

Snack (1215PM): Medium Banana (100cal)

Lunch (145PM):  Steakhouse Wrap (405cal) with half a tomato, green onion, and a TBS of FatFree Greek Yogurt.  I still like this a lot.  Tortilla, cheese, groundbeef, and rice... it's a yummy burrito - no matter what they call it by.  See Day 3 or Day 28 pics for nutrition and to see a variety of ways to style the presentation of this meal!  I think it's looking better now.  :D  (I purposely dissected the burrito open in pic below, easier to eat.)



Dinner(530pm) Beef Bourgouaollouaise... something french... (380cal)  Um, parts of this were really good and parts were really not.  I really liked the beef and the mushrooms.  The onions and califlower puree were okay.  The "sauce" had a veeery strange consistency.  At first, I thought I'd bit into a piece of partially rendered lard.  Not okay with me.  I hate how sometimes the sauces in these meals don't melt - makes me wonder what they are made with???  The sauce was much better when mixed into the cauliflower puree and it improved the consistency of the puree.  Overall, a decent meal, but lacking in veggies for me.  I added a 1/4cup of frozen peas (all that was left in the bag = 25cal.)


Snack (715PM):  2cups spring greens, 15 cal of apple, celery, 30 cal avocado, 1.5tsp balsamic vinegar, 3 almonds (15cal), green onion.  I bought some amazing blackberry balsamic vinegar today - makes a great salad dressing.  http://tiny.cc/eikcl  I've always liked blasamic vinegar without the oil best and this one is soo good!  (60cal)


Snack (900PM) I've been craving sweet/chocolate.  I bought some 110cal pudding cups and also some mini little drumsticks @ 135cal each.  I had a Chocolate Fudge Brownie Lil' Drum tonight.  It was really good.  I think I'd rather have a few bites of really good than a bowlful of iffy fat free...

Daily Total: 1575cal, goal was 1500.

2 comments:

  1. I am on Bistro MD as well. I really enjoy reading your posts. The Beef Bourg was my least favorite meal until I had the slimey Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo. One of the worst meals I've ever tasted. Everything else has been pretty good though. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, I will never know the disappointment of the Gumbo because I have declined the all the shrimp meals! Thanks for the feedback -- it's motivating to know that somebody is reading the blog. Helps keep me on track! Good thought to you for lb-loses!

    ReplyDelete