Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 173

Breakfast(830):  Cinnamon English Muffin with Turkey, Avocado, Apple and coffee.

Meeting from 9-3
Lunch Provided (1245):  1 piece of veggie quiche, 1 serving of salad with feta, cranberries, avocado, no roll, 1 serving of peach cobbler, 1 lemon bar (oops).

Didn't get hungry at all until about 500 or 530, but I was going out to dinner with friends, so I toughed it out...

715: Long Island Ice Tea

830: Vodka Tonic.  Dinner at Mexican place. I've been craving mexican, but happily decided to spend my calories on acohol tonight (not nutritionally sound, but it's not a habit!) Plus, nothing on the menu looked worth the calories!  Ordered the salad with lettuce, roasted chicken, tomato, red pepper, corn, avocado (a bit), jack cheese (too much, but not ridiculous - one oz), and a few tortilla chip strips (totalled 1 chip!).  No dressing, no sour cream.  I also ate NO tortilla chips before dinner arrived.  Actually, I ate no tortilla chips at all!!  This is absolutely unheard of for me, but it wasn't difficult at all!  Helped that I was with people, I tend to eat better around others, but I didn't really feel like I wanted any chips.  End of meal, the waiter brought us free shots of tequila.  Shot one, was supposed to share half of another, but didn't.
915: Vodka TOnic

1030: Shared a piece of bakery cake that had chocolate cake layered with chocolate ganache.  Stopped before the cake was gone when I was satisfied with the taste.  Again, pretty unheard of!  Also, there was no post-drinking stop at JackInTheBox tonight.  And from place to place, we ended up walking about a mile and a half.

Daily Total??  Tried my best to estimate on another website, came up with 1921cal, so let's just call it an even 2000!  Not too shabby considering!  And pretty much worth it -- I had a great time!   Made conscious choices to indulge and will be right back on track tomorrow!  I can't decide whether or not to weigh myself in the morning.  I'd like to see what the damage from today is, just out of curiousity, but I also know the "number" can tweak me out... ???

3 comments:

  1. I knew you were a woman after my own heart...LONG ISLAND ICE TEA..haha..that's my FAVORITE!!! But then again...I'm a native New Yorker!:p

    I'm really impressed with your choices. Glad you were able to have a great time without blowing all your hard work! Inspirational!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Long Islands are great! This little dive bar makes them perfect! Not too much calorie-laden sweetened mixer... if I'm gonna drink now, I want the best calorie to alcohol ratio possible. :D And thanks for the encouragement... I almost felt happier about being able to handle a night out than the fact that I lost 4 lb last week. And I did weigh myself the day after and I was 2lb down! I know some (all) of that is due to dehydration, but it'll be an interesting little science experiment to see how my body reacts over the next couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for future reference, here are the results of the "science experiment" I drank a lot of water on Sunday and ate 1300cal of food. By Monday morning, I was back to 233lb. So, I won't be making a fortune off my new book, "The Tequila & Chocolate Cake Diet," afterall. :D

    ReplyDelete