Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 225

BReakfast: Turkey Muffin (267)  I feel terrible today... too much crappy food this week, not sure what exactly is to blame, but it's catching up with me.

Snack:  Apple and 11 almonds (150)

Lunch: BBQ Pork (380)

Snack:

Dinner:

I made some of my own frozen meals last night... I purchased fresh cheese tortellini (turned 4.5 servings into 5) and made a sauce with canned diced tomato (nosalt), tomato sauce (no salt), shallot, basil, balsamic vinegar and spinach.  THe canned creatien has sooo much less calories and sugar than the jarred sauce.  Added a serving of frozen green beans.  Totaleds around 340cal for teh meal and I made five to put in the freezer.  Pasta seemed like an easy place to start... looking forward to trying some others.  Hope the freezing works well, thinking about investigating vaccuum sealers.  Total cost each meal was about $2.

2 comments:

  1. Way to GO! You can sooooo DO THIS!:D It is so much easier to do with these black trays. Just get your frozen veggies...a couple of good recipes (I have a few...wink wink!;, some quinoa, brown rice and bulgar wheat (you MUST try this stuff...it's suprisingly great), some saran wrap and your set for the next 2 weeks! The way you doctor up those bistro meals, I know your a good cook...you've defintely got some culinary skillzzzz..haha! Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've definitely hit a lull... it loss and effort! Not terrible, but not feeling gung ho either. I was out of town this past weekend. I ate okay, but not perfect. I'm okay with that, but feeling like I'm maybe ready to get back on track. Making another recipe tonight to freeze...

    ReplyDelete