Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 218

Odd day.  Ate lunch earlier than normal, left school thinking about what to snack on.  Nothing at home sounded good.  Decided to stop and get a salad.  If I split a Wendy's salad into two and don't use the dressing (which I don't really like anyways) its about 250cal.  Big for a snack, but not outrageous.  I'm been starting to... crave is too strong a word, but think about fast food some...  Decided to get an order of the smallest french fry they offer and only eat part in an effort to ward off the cravings.  I don't really want it to be an issue.  I don't want to have foods that are off limits.  I'd rather be able to eat small amounts of anything occasionally and learn to control myself.  So I ate them, well 2/3 of them.  Which totaled 145cal.  And truth be told, they weren't very good.  Nice to know that I'm not really missing out... And confirmation that it's smart to save indulgences for when it's really worth it.  French fries at a fast food joint are not worth it. 
Anyways, not hungry after that little experiment, so I saved the salad for dinner.  Watched some TV when i got home.  Stopped in the middle of a show to put shoes on and go out and walk before it got too dark.  I'm actually really enjoying getting out and walking now.  Who knew?  And it doesn't feel like and fight with myself to make it happen.  Walked 3.1 miles in 47 minutes.  Home and ready for dinner shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment