Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Meals #3

Made a Lentil Stew in the crockpot... Really good.  Tasty and filling and easy to make.  Freezes well too.  Will definitely make again.  Added some roasted chicken to most, had a couple with out.
Recipe made 10 servings for me.  Each serving is about 185 calories (without the chicken/turkey).  Lentils are really filling for the calorie count.

Lentil Stew (found online)
1lb bag of green lentils, rinsed and picked through
1 – 32 oz box chicken or turkey stock (or broth if unavailable)
1 medium to large brown onion, diced
4 carrots, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes (used low-sodium)
1 large russet potato, diced (about 4 cups) ( I used a sweet potato)
6 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste) (I used WAY less, and frozen.)
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large Crockpot and set to low for 6 hours. Stir after 3 hours if possible.  (I think I cooked it on high for 3 hours, until it seemed done.)  Serve with extra veggies - greenbeans, broccoli, spinach, etc.  Made 10 servings for me, each was about 1.25cups.
With added chicken, tomatoes, spinach and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment