Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 311

Brunch planned for 930 -- looked at menu ahead of time.  A couple of decent options, but I didn't realize until served that the portions were out of control!  I bypass the french toast and the "pancake omelet" (a pancake wrapped aruond ham, caramelized onions, apples and Gruyer cheese... sounds kinda yummy!).  Did order a mocha (a Mexican mocha with cinnamon and chile).  Settled on the mushroom omelet with mushroom, tomato, herbs and Gruyer.  It was ginormous.  Came with a reasonable portion of potatoes and a fruit plate.  Ate the grapes, potatoes, and 80% of the omelet.  Oh, and a slice of wheat toast (which actually was one of the best parts!  I guess I've been bread deprived, but I don't really miss it).  Not even gonna guess on calories.



They brought out so much food! Each of us just ordered one meal!
Didn't get hungry until about 4pm.  Could have held out until dinner, but planning on a light meal (fish and veggies), trying not to go hungry.  This is my tortilla ship avoidance meal... Ate a tortilla (55) with avocado and turkey (60).  And salad: I split another TJ salad (Vietnamese rice noodle, cabbage, chicken, cucumber, peanuts, a bit of vinegary dressing) and added lettuce and tomatoes.  (180)  Full salad is 320 w/o dressing and 380 with.

Dinner out with family - High-class Mexican place.  Planning on grilled fish marniated in chile and citrus with sauteed spinach in place of the normal rice.
And I had... grilled sturgeon with avocado/orange/radish salsa and a side of spinach sauteed with onion, chile and sesame seeds.  And it was so. freaking. good.  I've never had sturgeon before and I liked it a lot!  It's a firm, meaty, white fish.  The spinach was good.  I had 4 tortilla chips with my dinner; none before.  And I didn't not have an alcoholic beverage, though the Blackberry Lemon Drop was calling to me!  Again, not gonna guess at the calorie count, but feeling pretty decent!  Only difficulty was convincing myself that my fish/spinach was worth $16.95 when others were getting 2 burritos, rice and beans for $11.25!  ugh.  But it was delish and I was super happy in the end.  Now if I can just avoiding eating for the rest of the evening.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment