Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tofu Stirfry

Not a real detailed recipe here, but I did like the end product... So, I'd like to try to get it down here.

I soaked some rice noodles according to package, used half a serving per tray.  I think it was one oz dry per tray.

Sliced the tofu into 6 slices and drained for a bit on paper towels.  Then cut each slice into 8 cubes.

Sauce: This was totally a guess, based off a few different recipes and modified as I tasted it.  I used about a cup of chicken broth as the base.  Added a T of cornstarch, 2 T of soy, 2 T of oyster sauce, 1 T of siracha, a tsp or so of sesame oil, and the juice of a lime.  The lime was critical to the flavor, really brightened it up.  Mix throughly.

Sauteed off some veggies in a bit of olive oil.  I used broccoli, red pepper, mushroom, onion, carrot, green onion.  Remove to bowl.  Saute tofu cube lightly in a bit of oil until browned a bit.  Add veggies back to pan.  Add the sauce mixture.  Let come to a simmer, cook for a minute of so, then remove from heat.  The cornstarch will thicken up as it cools. 

According to my measurements and calculations, this is 300cal per serving.  I added a few almonds and a bit of steamed spinach when I ate it.  Pretty darn tasty!  I like the tofu much better this way, over the baked version.  Surprised me -- I didn't think I'd like tofu so much, especially since it's barely cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment