Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 356

Intended to go to gym tonight, but got invite for dinner.  So, I intended to get up pretty early (like 8, ha! that's early int he summer) and jog outside before it got hot.  Haven't been out on streets in quite awhile.  BUT, I didn't manage to pulll my butt out of bed until 9 and it was 9:43 before I set out.  And it was hot.  :(  Props to those of you who run outside in the heat all the time!  I was gonna walk over to the HS and use the track so I could pace myself better against the distance, but I wanted shade trees instead.  BTW, I highly recommend NOT jogging residential streets on trash day.  ick.

Breakfast: Hate to eat a lot before jogging... Had 7 almonds (50) and an ear of corn (100)

Jog (943 - 1031):  Total, 4 miles in 48 minutes -- that's an average 12 minute mile.  Warmed up for half a mile walking.  Paused to try some modified pull ups (aside:  I couldn't do a pull up to save my life.  BUT 5 months ago I couldn't even imagine how ppl did it.  I just hung there.  In fact, I could barely do that!  This time, I could pull myself up like a cm.  SO, my modification was to use the short bar and pull as much weight as I could.  My feet never left the ground, but I don't see any other way to train those muscles.  Me just hanging there isn't gonna do anything.  Okay, back to the jog...)  I jog/walked with more walking than I would have liked the next 3.25 miles in 36 min.  That's an 11 minute mile and gives me a potential 5k time of 34:30.  An improvement over my official April 5k time of 37:45.  Plus, I know I push harder during the acutal race, so it would probably be lower.  Might be time to sign up for another...

Lunch (1200): Taco Salad: Lettuce, tomato, cuke, red pepper (50), 3 oz of chicken breast (100), 2 oz of FF/reg sour cream (80), toasted tortilla (55), started out with avocado, but picked it out later as it had gone bad... :(  Total: 300ish

(100pm): Ice Cream (120)

Dinner (630): Dinner @ Pasta Pomodoro... The ONE place I can honestly say that the item I WANT to order is one of the very best for you!  I always get this roasted veggie dish with chicken, even before I started losing.  It does not have pasta.  It's mushroom, brussel sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, sundried tomatoes, spinach and asparagus in a garlic olive oil.  It's 450 cal!  :)  I asked them to go easy on the oil, but I'm not gonna try to deduct calories...  I vowed not to devour the bread they put out with this amazing basil herb oil.  I avoided it early on, but ended up eating half a piece with my meal, but no dipping oil. (70).  We also shared a fav app -- butternut squash ravioli in brown sugar sage butter sauce.  SO good, 225 cal for half the app.  Though in retrospect, if I thinkabout it as 225cal for 3 freaking ravioli, I might have said no.  Might.  Had small dessert, an affogato.  Hot espresso poured over a small scoop of vanilla gelato. (70)



Late: Half a cookie from fav cookie store. (150)  Though they sadly did NOT have my favorite Coconut Cinnamon Choco Chip Cookie... :(

Daily Total: 1535  Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment